Wednesday, January 13, 2010

sNOw Retreat

I was so ready for a getaway last weekend with other homeschool moms. Ready for girlfriend time, girlfriend laughter, girlfriend talk. Ready to hear from the Lord. Ready to soak Him up all by myself, with no children asking me what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Then came the first snow of 2010.

Really it was more ice than snow. I am saying first because I believe we will have a second--more intense and enough to build a snowman and snow angels!

A southern gal can dream!

Well, the snow postponed the retreat. I was bummed and really did not know what to do with myself for a few hours. Then I realized I needed to provide lunch, dinner, breakfast, etc.

My daughter asked me that afternoon if I was really disappointed. I paused. Thought about it. My response was, "No, I am not really disappointed. Did I want to go, Yes! But I trust God in the details of the retreat to know this was not our weekend to go."

At that moment, I realized I possibly have grown up - some. As much as that was the right answer, it was truly the answer of my heart.

I want that to be my heart's desire for 2010. I want what God wants and nothing else. I know His plans are for me to prosper and not to harm me. I want my tween to grasp the greatness of the God we serve and to know He does all things well. If my plans are not on His timeline, why do I want to carry them out?

Trust me, I have been on that path before, and it was not fun.

So instead of enjoying the North Georgia mountains, I got to sled with the kids, take walks, enjoy the beauty of frozen snow covered ponds, drink lots of hot chocolate, watch old movies...retreat, you could say.

1 Comentário:

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration and a great mom. We are looking forward to your group coming to Waypoint Retreat Center soon! Love, Karen

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top