Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Communion

It started off to be an incredible Sunday morning. I awakened ready for a fresh Word and the fellowship the day had to offer. I was the first to be ready, and I quickly realized the other female in the house was running a tad behind. As her mom, I could sense and feel her stress. Meanwhile, the men of the house were ready and about to begin heckling over the one about to make us late. In a surreal moment, I told the gentlemen to give her some grace. I sensed her struggle and knew she needed some love. I strongly admonished them to KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT.

We waited.

And waited.

When the door opened and she wasn't anywhere near ready, my blood began to simmer.

The attitude coming forth was not so nice.

Oh, yes. Where was my wonderful morning? I ignored the ringing bells going off all around me. I totally went from simmer to full on boil - as the gentlemen looked on with wide eyes and mouths opened.

I blew it. Really blew it. I did every thing I told the men not to do.

And off we went as one wonderful foursome to church. Not.

We go our separate ways for Sunday School. It was nice for me to have that hour - honestly, for the Lord to have that hour to work on ME. The conviction began.

We regrouped as a family for worship, which by the way, is one of the highlights of my week. She was standing by me. As we begain singing praises to God, I turned to her and asked forgiveness. I needed it from her before I could even utter anything else to the Lord. I wanted her to know how badly I messed up and how sorry I was. In her sweetness, she smiled and hugged me. Forgiveness was granted. We could worship.

Then it came. Communion. I was awashed anew by the blood of Christ.


If you are offering your gift at the alter and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the alter. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
words of Jesus ~ Matthew 5:23-24

Seja o primeiro a comentar

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top